At Broadsword, we are committed to protecting your privacy and information security.
Controllers of Information
Any personal information provided here or gathered by our website is controlled by Broadsword UK Limited, Europa Drive, Sheffield, South Yorkshire S9 1XT.
The Data Protection Officer is:
Kris Turner West: Tel: 0114 242 7444. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We aim to process information about you fairly and in a transparent manner and the aim of this document is to provide you sufficient information for you to be able to understand what we are doing with your data. If you are unsure how we are handling your information about you or you think we could improve our privacy information please contact our Data Protection Officer above.
What information do we collect? How do we use it?
When you use our data portal, our website, register information with us, we may collect, derive, combine, access, or otherwise process your personal information for the following purposes:
- – The monitoring of customer traffic patterns and the website usage to help us develop the design and layout of the website;
- – Notifying you of Broadsword UK Limited news and information, which we think, may be of interest to you including by email or by physical mail, where you have granted us permission to do so;
- – Offering, administering and providing products and services.
- – Providing you with a more personalised user experience when using our application, website or any other services we might provide to you by analysing, segmenting and profiling our database and allowing us to target you with information we might be most interested in including products and services;
- – Sending you surveys for quality management purposes;
Legal basis for processing your data:
We undertake the activities above for the reasons below:
- – 1 & 4 – In the pursuit of our legitimate interests as a commercial organisation including the marketing and promotion of our brand, products and services.
- – 3 – To fulfil any contractual obligations we may have when you make purchases from us.
- – 2 & 5 – Based on your consent.
What do we do with the information we collect?:
We will never use your information in a way incompatible with this privacy notice. This will include amongst others that:
- – We will never put any information about you on general release nor will we rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
- – We use a third party provider, Mailchimp, to deliver our newsletter. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our newsletter. For more information on this please see Mailchimp’s privacy notice.
- – By using our portal or our website, you consent to the use of any information provided by you, collected from you, or derived based on collected personal information by Broadsword UK Limited for the purposes described in this privacy notice. You have a right to withdraw your consent at any time for any of the processing activities that are based on your consent, by sending us an email to email@example.com.
- – Children below the age of 13:
If you are under the age of 13 you may register on the website to receive newsletters and other information but only with expressed consent of a parent or guardian.
- – Retention
We collect personal information for specific purposes and on specific legal bases and endeavour to collect only the personal information required for those purposes. Once this purpose has been fulfilled and the personal information is no longer required, we will erase your data from our systems.
- – Your rights:
- – You have the right to request at reasonable intervals, access to personal information we have collected about you. Please refer any access request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- – When requesting access to your personal data provide as much detail as possible about what personal data you would like access to and include in the subject line that it regards an access request. For complying with your access request, we may ask you to provide us with evidence of your identity plus some additional information.
- – If you so choose you may request us to rectify, erase or block the processing of your personal data if that personal data is no longer accurate, up-to-date or when further processing of that personal data would be in violation of applicable data protection legislation.
- – You have the right to information about how we are processing information about you and we have an obligation to process only a minimum of data for specific, explicit and legitimate purposes in a fair, lawful and transparent manner. This privacy notice fulfils our obligations to provide you with information but you should contact us directly if you have any questions or concerns.
- – You have a right to lodge a complaint about any aspect of how we are handling your data with the Information Commissioner’s Office in the UK who can be contacted here: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
Any questions regarding your privacy?
We are happy to discuss privacy and data protection with you. You may contact our data protection officer on email@example.com.
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data including the use of encryption technology, but cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose online. You accept the inherent security implications of sending information over the internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless we have been negligent.
Application data protection law:
This privacy notice has been based on the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If you are subject to more stringent data protection legislation please refrain from using our website of any of our other services.